Help your child enhance their addition and/or multiplication mental math skills. Create a 10 by 10 grid or chart numbered from 0-9 on the side and top (vertical and horizontal axis). Have your child fill in the basic facts either through addition or multiplication. For example, 0+0=0, 0+1= 1, etc. Highlight the facts that your child knows fluently. You will find that they know more facts than they don’t know mentally! Make flash cards for the basic facts that need some practice with and continue to highlight the chart as they become fluent with the facts. It’s a great way to build self-efficacy and confidence in math.
- Cobb Teachers Pitch Innovative Ideas, Win $74,000 in Cobb Tank Grants December 20, 2018
- Lockheed Martin Supports Cobb STEM Education December 20, 2018
- SPECIAL EDUCATION October 12, 2018
- Back To School Preparation September 25, 2018
- Teachers of the Year 2018-19! August 24, 2018