Help your child enhance their addition and/or multiplication mental math skills. Create a 10 by 10 grid or chart numbered from 0-9 on the side and top (vertical and horizontal axis). Have your child fill in the basic facts either through addition or multiplication. For example, 0+0=0, 0+1= 1, etc. Highlight the facts that your child knows fluently. You will find that they know more facts than they don’t know mentally! Make flash cards for the basic facts that need some practice with and continue to highlight the chart as they become fluent with the facts. It’s a great way to build self-efficacy and confidence in math.
- Teachers of the Year 2018-19! August 24, 2018
- Cobb County Schools Recognizes 16 Teachers for Their Commitment to STEM Education August 23, 2018
- East Cobb Middle Gets New Building August 1, 2018
- Transitioning to Middle School July 20, 2018
- Welcome to High School July 20, 2018