Cobb students participate in Fall chalk festivals.
Visual Arts students from Cobb represented their schools at Chalktoberfest in Marietta and the Booth Museum’s Cowboy Festival in October. Over the last few years, chalk drawing has become a very popular way to share the power of the visual arts with the community. Cobb student art teams, art clubs, and National Art Honor Society Chapters participate as a way to share their skills and earn community arts hours. Congratulations to our participants and winners for representing Cobb well!
This year’s participating schools included:
- Bells Ferry Elementary, 3rdPlace Elementary
- Keheley Elementary
- Barber Middle School, 2ndPlace Middle
- Durham Middle School
- Pine Mountain Middle School, 1stPlace Middle
- Tapp Middle School
- Harrison High School, 2ndPlace High School
- Kennesaw Mountain High School
- North Cobb High School, 3rdPlace High School
- Walton High School, 2ndPlace Individual Student
Congratulations to Walton High School for receiving Honorable Mention at the Booth Museum Chalk Competition. They also received the Warhol Award for their piece, one hundred dollars in Blick gift cards,and passes to the museum.
Laura LaQuaglia, Supervisor