- Talking to Your Kids about Prescription Drug Abuse
- Drug Facts
- Prescription Drug Facts for Teens
- Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Classroom Lesson for Teachers
- Some common names: Ecstasy, GHB, Ketamine, Rohypnol
- Tips for Teens – The Truth about Club Drugs
- Kratom Drug Facts – https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/kratom
- Dangers of Kratom Use – https://thesummitwellnessgroup.com/drug-addiction/kratom/dangers/
- What We Know—and Don’t Know—About Kratom – https://teens.drugabuse.gov/blog/post/what-we-know-and-don-t-know-about-kratom
The TRUTH – This website has some great information and interactive graphics about smoking. These are the same people who do the body bag ads on TV. http://www.thetruth.com/
Tobacco Free Kids – A website with great media literacy information. http://tobaccofreekids.org/
The Great American Smokeout
If you want to quit, help someone quit or stay tobacco-free yourself, the American Cancer Society can give you all the tools you need.
A Massachussetts based campaign. Click on Secrets to find out how much of the food you eat every day is controlled by Big Tobacco companies.
The Truth About The Tobacco Industry – In Its Own Words
Excellent summary of what the tobacco companies have been doing for the last 50 years. Uses quotes from trial evidence and link to PDF chronologies reference specific exhibit numbers for the evidence.
The Tobacco Explored Game
A graphical, interactive site from England that exposes how the tobacco industry exploits smokers to make money. The entire site is deep in anti-smoking content.
Drug Addiction Treatment
Vox – How To Find Good Addiction Treatment, According To The Experts: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/10/9/20887787/drug-rehab-addiction-treatment-facilities-inpatient-outpatient
Detox Local – Guide To Finding a Trustworthy Drug Detox Program: https://www.detoxlocal.com/drug-detox/finding-best-programs/
SAMHSA – Find Treatment Facilities Confidentially and Anonymously: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
National Institute on Drug Abuse – Where can family members go for information on treatment options? https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/frequently-asked-questions/where-can-family-members-go-information-treatment
The Summit Wellness Group – Atlanta-based treatment provider featuring in-depth online resources on overdose and suicide prevention: https://thesummitwellnessgroup.com/
Georgia Crisis & Access Line – 1-800-715-4225