Rachel Simmons, along with Amanda Stafford, CCSD AT Specialist, presented at the Georgia Assistive Technology in Education conference at...
On February 12th, Transition Services presented their second Transition Talk of the year.
In February of this year students enjoyed the Special Education Dance, sponsored by the special education Adapted PE staff.
Cobb County School District hosts the Metro Transition Consortium three times a year.
Aviation/Pilot Collaboration Lesson
Cobb Special Education Team Greets New Teachers!
Special Education Parent Mentors hosted the 3rd annual fair featuring extracurricular opportunities for CCSD’s students with disabilities.
Cobb County Schools’ Assistive Technology department works with individual students to meet their needs for accessing the curriculum.
CCSD’s Special Education Parent Mentors host the 3rd Annual Evening of Inspiration on March 26, followed by three parent...
The theme for this year’s Special Education dance was “Under the Big Top .”
New Teacher Academy
- Babies Can’t Wait (BCW) is the state agency responsible for providing early intervention services for children birth through age three. It is the responsibility of both BCW and the school system to ensure a smooth transition from the BCW program to the school system. School districts are required to evaluate and have an Individual Education Program (IEP) in place by the child’s third birthday.
- Parents may call the Special Needs Preschool office at (770) 426-3331 to refer their child for an evaluation. A referral packet will be sent to the parent to complete. Once returned, a member of the evaluation team will call to schedule the evaluation.
- Private preschools, daycares, physicians, and local and state agencies may call (770) 426-3331 to refer a child for evaluation.
- A copy of the child’s Social Security card
- Certificate of Immunization (Georgia form 3231) (Religious waiver—Form JLCB-2)
- Hearing, Dental, Vision Screening Certificate (Georgia form 3300)
- Proof of birth date
- Two documents proving residency
- Proof of custody, if applicable
See Student Enrollment Information on the CCSD website at www.cobbk12.org for additional information regarding enrollment guidelines.
- Developmental Delay
- Other Health Impaired
- Orthopedically Impaired
- Hearing Impaired
- Visually Impaired
- Speech/Language Impaired
- Intellectual Disability
- Learning Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injured
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorder